Minecraft 1.12 - Survival, Creative, MMO

User menu

Robots!

Last post
4 posts / 0 new
inv41idu53rn4m3's picture
inv41idu53rn4m3

I've been feeling that the server would be better with some more mod-like plugins. One thing I've been wanting myself is some sort of robots similar to the ComputerCraft turtles. Things like that would help a lot with large building projects.

In the case you don't like the idea of stuff that is too far from vanilla, I have a secondary suggestion. Automation in Minecraft has advanced a lot in some of the new versions through the addition of hoppers, slime blocks and some other stuff, but there has always been a few things that make some aspects of automation undoable. Mainly the problem comes from these three things: there is no way of automatically placing and breaking blocks, there are no automatic crafting tables and lastly it is impossible to use pistons for pushing tile-entities.

Each of these problems can be easily fixed with plugins. A plugin that allows you to put a pickaxe in a dispenser to break blocks isn't hard to make. Dispensers could also be easily made to place blocks. I am pretty sure that there already exist automatic crafting table plugins too. I'm not sure if doing the last thing would be easy or not, but it shouldn't be too difficult to find a plugin that allows pistons to push chests, furnaces, spawners and so on.

Feedback and suggestions obviously appreciated. Mods you can do this! Melon, I believe in you!

Run this in brainf***: -[--->+<]>---.--[--->+<]>-.-------------.+++++++++++++.+++++.-.+[---->+<]>+++.+[----->+<]>.------------.+++++++++++++.[----->++<]>++.++[--->++<]>.>-[--->+<]>---.--[--->+<]>-.-------------.+++++++++++++.+++++.-.+[---->+<]>+++.[->+++<]>+.--[--->+<]>---.-------------.--[--->+<]>-.[->+++<]>+.+[--->+<]>+.[->+++<]>.[--->+<]>----.----.--.--------.[->+++<]>-.

Hai Piggeh!

inv41idu53rn4m3

Actually now that I think about it, the later suggestion seems better, because it requires more effort for the player using it. You would need skills similar to stuff involving redstone.

Hai Piggeh!

Aaron's picture
Aaron
Administrator
Management Team
This use was a member of the Serenity Community

Hi thanks for the suggestion, it's something we can consider, might be able to integrate it into something we are planning in some way.

inv41idu53rn4m3

Kewl. Would love to at least see auto block breakers. That's the thing most important to me. Tile entity pushing is in second place.

Hai Piggeh!